Posted on Monday, March 5th, 2012 under Uncategorized
Attention young professionals!
Show your support for “Brains for Business” by attending this morning’s meeting of the Senate Economic Development Committee at the State Capitol. The meeting will take place at 9 a.m. in Room 451M.
We need YOUR support to ensure this legislation is reconsidered.
Last week, the Charleston Regional Chamber of Commerce backed “Brains for Business” bill (HB 4475) was defeated in the Senate Economic Development Committee.
This morning at 9 a.m., the committee will reconvene at the State Capitol. “Brains for Business” could be brought back before the committee if a senator who initially opposed the bill asks for it to be reconsidered.
Please help the Charleston Chamber and encourage the committee members to work together and get this important legislation passed.
“Brains for Business” would provide modest tax credits to state residents for the two years after receiving an associate, bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited institution in certain areas of study, including science, technology, math, engineering, education and nursing.
If passed, the bill would:
• Ease the burden of the overwhelming student loan debt plaguing our young professionals as they enter the workforce
• Provide inspiration for the thousands of people in West Virginia who have “some higher education,” but have not yet completed their degree
• Give West Virginia businesses a new tool to recruit top talent
• Encourage those that have a degree to seek an advanced degree by using the credit
• Help employers in our border counties be more competitive with businesses located across the state line
We urge committee members to reconsider the bill and address the positive and exciting things it will do for West Virginia’s future.
To find out where Room 451 is at the Capitol, click the map below:
Click here for a map of the Capitol complex.
We need a good showing of young professionals at this meeting. We ask that you please attend and let the members of the Senate Economic Development Committee know you support “Brains for Business.”
Together, let’s tackle the challenge of attracting and keeping our intellectual capital. Let’s build a better West Virginia now
Charleston Regional Chamber of Commerce
1116 Smith Street, Charleston, West Virginia 25301
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | P: 304.340-4253 | F: 304-340-4275